10.6.12

Lazy Sunday, woke up in the...morning...

So, today I did some very interesting things!  Hooray for doing something with my life!
  1. I finished reading Game of Thrones!  And later I went out to buy Clash of Kings.  I'm going to be writing a review of GoT soon over on my other blog, but I was too busy to do it today.
  2. I wrote a movie review for my other blog, but I'm not posting it until later; I find that I need some time to sit on my opinions before posting them on the internet.
  3. I helped make lunch for my family.  It was a feast of appetizers: my mom had wrapped some pineapple in slices of prosciutto, and I grilled some shrimp and some steak and some tomatoes.  That took up most of the afternoon, between the prep and the actual grilling, but I like to think it was worth it; it was really good food.  I am pleasantly surprised that even I can make tasty food when I follow a recipe correctly.  I am slowly (and by slowly I mean with the epic charging speed of a glacier) learning how to cook.  
  4. I went to Khol's and bought a dress to wear to the wedding I'm going to this week as well as some jewelry to go with it.  It's so nice to have a disposable income again.
  5. I watched Legend of Korra with Ben via skype.
  6. I was betrayed by my ally in Diplomacy.  He was playing England, so I sent him a message on facebook:
Winter is coming...
"When you play the Game of Thrones, either you win or you die."
I can only hope he got the joke.

Anyway, very full day.  And tomorrow has a lot in store for it, as well.  

<3 spadeALLcross

No comments: