9.9.09

Day of Momentous Days!

    Why is everyone making a big deal about 09/09/09?  Last year, it was August 8th, next year it will be October 10th...Sure, these particular parings of numerals won't happen for another thousand years, but, and forgive me here, so what?  When you're old and gray, are you really going to tell your children, "I lived through the great 01/01/01 - 12/12/12 era of recorded history"?  For your sake, I hope you don't, because you will most likely be disappointed by their apathetic reactions.

    Just a thought for the day.

    I started classes yesterday.  I can already tell it's going to be a challenge to get back into the required studiousness of my schedule.  I'm finding myself procrastinating the dumbest things; like right now I really should be reading this two-second pamphlet about C.S. Lewis and his opinions on novels.  I really like C.S. Lewis, I have very little to occupy my time for the next 45 minutes before I have to leave for my next class, and very little elsewhen time with which to get it done before class tomorrow.  But if I have to do it, I automatically don't want to, and if I don't want to, then by golly I'm not going to.  And that's final.

    Happy Day of Momentous Days.

<3 spadeALLcross

No comments: