28.4.09

The fast lane, and why I was evicted from there

    Before last night, part of me still missed High School.  Before last night, I would sometimes find myself wishing that I still lived with my parents, that I still ate wonderfully beautiful home-cooked meals, that I still watched TV whenever I felt like it.  Before last night, I might have fallen asleep imagining the faces of teachers that I might never see again, friends I barely talk to anymore, roads whose destinations I never had to question.  Before last night, I liked to daydream of classes without homework, weekends without the library, schedules without Philosophy courses.

    But then we had dorm banquet last night.  Like a man hanging by his fingers on the edge of a sheer rock face whose entire life plays like a movie projected on his eyelids, I relived all of the high school dances I ever went to, felt again all of the wounded teenaged angst, and smiled inwardly to myself, because I realized that that never have to feel that way again if I play my cards right.  

    Good times.  I love not being in high school anymore.

    Want a good laugh?  Go here.

<3 spadeALLcross

No comments: