21.10.08

Be happy for what you have. Hope for what you lack.

    I've decided to embrace fall.  I don't know if you could tell.

    Fall is my favorite season, so I don't know why I didn't start this earlier, except that maybe it hasn't really seemed like fall until now; the leaves have started to turn and fall, I've had to pull out more long-sleeves and layers than before, and I have massive cravings for pumpkin carving and apple cider.  Ah, fall.

    I've had a lot of poetry on my mind lately.  I don't know if you could tell that, too.*

    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the lilies that fester smell far worse First - Chill - then Stupor - then the letting go now, you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky like a wandering bark, whose worth's unknown, although his height be the way the world ends, this is the way the world ends, this is the way the world ends, when the world is puddle-wonderful the queer old balloonman whistles far and they enter the new world naked, cold, uncertain of all save that they did not come at the dawning, he did not at the left and right across the lines of straighter darker trees, I like to think some boy's eaten the plums that were in the icebox and which you were probably saving for l(aleaffalls)oneliness.  And that has made all the difference.  Just to name a few.

    I re-realized this week how much I love poetry.  Poetry that moves and stifles you in one shot.  Poetry that makes you dance undignified on the inside, when you're in a room full of unsuspecting people.  Poetry with lines and thoughts and ideas that stick with you like songs that get stuck in your head, but are far less annoying, as they don't lose potency or gain redundancy over time.  I think poetry and fall are for me one in the same.

Happy October, everyone!

<3 spadeALLcross
*I will love forever and unconditionally the person who knows what I'm referring to here.  Whether or not my love is worth the struggle is up to you.

No comments: