6.10.08

Mawage. Mawage is wut bwings us toogedda toodeh.

Mawage, dat bwess'ed awaingment.  Dat dweem wiffin ah dweem...

    Oddly, it seems to be in the air today.  Someone is theming my days without my permission.  This morning, I woke up having had a dream that someone I knew was emancipated from their parents or something and had decided that they would get married just because they could.  It was an odd dream in and of itself, certainly, but not one of much consequence when compared with the other formidable dreams I've had.  (You, my loyal readers, would know better than any.)  But when matched with the happenings of today, it seems wholly prophetic, like my subconscious had had some discussion with The Fates about my coming day.  

    At lunch, as a floor we began to explore the possibilities of all of us entering into legal marriages together so that we could get financial aid from the government.  The idea has been tossed around quite a bit before, but this day we got very heavily into the conversation and some details have been etched more clearly, such as what kind of legal marriages we'd have (secret?  civil?  legal unions?  Hmm.  The possibilities seem nigh endless.)

    The juniors and seniors got marriage counseling postcards in the mail today.

    One of my friends confessed to me that what she really wants to be is a happy wife and mother.

    I got into a discussion regarding "pearling" (essentially the same as exchanging promise rings, but with probably more sincerity attached) with one of my friends from high school.  I discovered later that "pearling" was a strictly Calvin expression, thus the reason my friend had not heard of it.

    Someone asked me what my Claddagh meant and why I wear it on my left hand, as if to symbolize that I am engaged.

    The frightening thought has finally occurred to me: I'm at that age now where friends all around me are going to start to get married.  Yes, it will be a long phase, probably lasting several years, but I don't think the shock will ever go away.


<3 spadeALLcross

1 comment:

strategicallyplacedcats said...

If it makes you feel any better, I won't get married until I absolutely have to, ie, out of cash. And I've got like 30 dollars now, so we're solid.