26.1.09

At the end of the day you're another day colder.

    So Interim is over tomorrow, and then I have almost a week off.  2009 has started out fabulously, however strangely.  It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that a month ago today, I was in Colorado probably sleeping, maybe reading Midnight Sun, eating a bagel with cream cheese, and hanging out with my cousins and family.  So many things have changed since then, which is crazy because it has only been four weeks.  The last time I was home, I had no desire to leave and I was a little sulky for a couple days at school because I didn't want to be there.  Now that I'm to go home tomorrow, I'm a little sad about that, not because I don't want to go home, because I am very excited to see my family and wish my brother and aunt a happy birthday, but because there are a lot of things and people here that I don't want to leave.

    It's funny, being tied to two places.  I'm not sure I've ever lived like that before.

    Anyway, I went snowboarding over the weekend, and am now in something of excruciating pain.  But it was quite fun, and by the end of the day, I was even able to stay standing all the way down the slope and get my boot in the binding in under ten minutes.  I'm proud of my improvement, though humbled by my sore muscles.  

    And now I have an essay to write and a couple chapters to read.


<3 spadeALLcross

No comments: