13.7.10

Ahh, the sweet smell of virctory!

Booyah. Git 'em done. Productive-er day than I had anticipated, actually. Yet again, thanks to the willing and endeavoring aid of one Molly.

Well, on my own, the day started off pretty well. I woke up earlier than I would have liked to, but early enough to get breakfast and a glance at the webcomics before Annabelle woke up. I played with her all day, taking a break while she took a nap to reorganize some things that had come unorganized over the week since Molly had last overhauled my room. It's sad...I'm a stuffer. Anyway. Dennis is home now, so he and I and Annabelle played in the backyard after her nap. It was great. We had this big bubble doohickey and this little bubble doohickey, and, long-story-short, we got a lot of little bubbles to float around inside a big bubble, and I have to say, I was really excited.

After that, I went and picked up Annabelle's father at the train station, the rest of the family went out to dinner, and Molly came over.

Now, two years ago, before I ventured into the world of college, my room looked like this.



Close up on the clutter.


Now, it hadn't changed much in two years. I got more books, a few of the lights fell down a few feet, and I still hadn't opened my desk drawers in several years, for fear of the creatures that may have taken up permanent residence.

Tonight, however, it looks like this.

And my little sleeping corner, which I love a lot a lot.


These pictures don't accentuate the newfound floor space (which actually looks like floor space, by the way. I do intend to keep it a toss-around-free zone) which will allow me to resume my daily yoga routines (which I had given up due to the awkward space constraints).

It's beautiful, utilitarian (especially the desk drawers. Who knew you could put things in your desk as well as on it?) and it's still me. I'm kind of amazed that we pulled all three off. I was afraid that if we took down all the years that I had stored on the walls and in the drawers, it wouldn't feel like my room anymore. And in a way, it doesn't. It's new, and it will take some getting used to, but I mean, it's still me...perhaps more of the me that has been to college and grown up a lot in the past two years and less of the high-school, junior-high, and elementary-school mes that my old room housed. It's the me that will last.

And I love the crispness of it all.

Anyway. Now a word from our sponsors.



<3 spadeallcross

P.S. I hate Necco Wafers. Neighbor lady always used to give them to me...made me sick, but I felt bad not eating them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy new room! good job...molly? i don't know her, but i like it. hope i see it for reals next summer. see you soon.
oh, this is katri.
drr