30.8.10

The day that got away...

I had so many big plans for today. I was gonna go to church, then to Meijer, then do some reading, then hang out with Ben and co, then veg out.

The vegging out happened, and the Culver's, and the vegging out. And Monopoly of epic proportions. The church and the Meijer not so much. I did have a good conversation about some Old Testament stuff. That was fun, and made me wish I knew more about the Old Testament in general.

Also, Carley, Christie, and I made breakfast...and kind of failed, but had an adventure in doing so, so not a loss by my estimation. The bacon burned intensely, the pancakes looked like overgrown sanddollars without the cool star pattern in the middle, and the eggs turned out a grayish green color because they were cooked in the burn-encrusted pan after the bacon was finished.

And Monopoly was crazy. I was banker, and we were playing with the modified rules of my challenge-obsessed friends. (Read: I lost)

All in all, a good day, though. Very good day.

Tomorrow, I am for real going to Meijer. And to Calvin to pick up some job applications. And I'm going to watch the Bens and their housemates and Mark and Carley play out the last bit of their D&D campaign.

And now a word from our sponsors:

(Note: this video isn't directed at anyone, and does not pertain to my own current situation in life, but I love it anyway)



<3 spadeALLcross

No comments: