25.8.10

Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture.

I woke up with "She's Leaving Home" stuck in my head. That's oddly specific, Brain. Way to make me feel like a champ.

Also, I found out that some woman named Jessica Somethingorother gives my phone number to all the people she doesn't want to call her.
- Last fall, a creeper guy left a voicemail on my phone once, telling me that it was great to meet me at the bar the other night, and he thought I was really great and wouldn't I please give him a ring, now that I had his number, and that he was really sorry about the incident with his sister. He called me Jessica.
- A few weeks ago, I picked up a call that was from a number I didn't recognize, but my phone told me the area code was from Colorado, so I figured I might be related to the person on the other end. As it turns out, I probably wasn't; she was an elderly [and hard of hearing] woman trying to find her stolen car...and looking for Jessica to see if she knew where it was.
- Then this morning, I picked up an 800 number I didn't recognize thinking it might be my bank. Nope. A collection agency looking for Jessica Somethingorother.

And it all clicked; I don't know who this Jessica is, but she's got a sordid past littered with creepy men she doesn't want to talk to and misdemeanors and debt she doesn't want to deal with, so she's shuffing it all off on me. Well, thanks but no thanks, Jessica: I don't want your cast-offs, especially if they come with blind dates, interest, and/or jail time.

Drove to Michigan. Listened to HP3. Good times had by all. Moved my stuff into the house, but kind of just left it everywhere. Went to Meijer, ate dinner, and am now doing nothing of import...just chillin' on Ben's computer while he washes dishes.

Tomorrow I have some stuff I should get done...don't have my list here though, so I can't share it with you yet.

Sponsors are a mile or so away at my house, while I'm here at Ben's.


<3 spadeALLcross

No comments: